Pages

07 April 2013

Almost a Techie!

I'm enjoying my Kindle. A lot. For someone who abhors credit cards, that's saying something. Though I must admit I only downloaded a public domain book via Whispernet this past week that I acquired my ebook reader. Yeah. Public domain book. I need to read more of them. That and I don't have a credit card. Seriously. Hahaha. On a side note, big thanks to my big sister for the Kindle! 

As for my Kindle, I only have time to read for about thirty minutes before I zone out to neverland. And then back to "making a living" early the next day.

Hence, the lack of posts. And reading. Well, weekends are a good time for it. At least for reading. I finished the lovely, lovely I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith awhile back. I didn't even know there's a film version until I checked the Amazon link. Then again, I think the rest of the book blogging people I know probably have read (and reviewed) the same. I love Cassandra! I feel like writing the words "I love you, I love you, I love you" in the margins of my notebook, imagining Simon and knowing fully well that my heart has been broken. Enough of that.

I was also intrigued by the search for Margo Roth Spiegelman in John Green's Paper Towns. I learned about actual paper towns. Such a nice piece of fiction from something trivial as an intended copyright infringement trap.

But now I'm off to an X-Men type of story. I'm reading The Rook. Sometimes I sneak in a bit of Goliath if only to spend time in steam punk heaven. I don't want to finish it yet because I love Deryn (Dylan) and Alek. No, not that really. I love Tesla. The real Nikola Tesla. I just can't seem to figure out his part in this fictional story, hence my hesitation to finish this otherwise thrilling story. So blame my irrational affection for a man long dead.

It's already April. My last post was in January. So much for vowing to spend time trying to write. The good thing is, I'm still reading, no matter how slowly.

Have a great week, all three of you readers of mine. Four if I'm being lucky.

4 comments:

  1. Reader number one says hi :P

    I still haven't watched the movie version of I Capture the Castle, though I love the book too. And Paper Towns! Still my favourite John Green. I'm glad you're still reading, and it makes me happy that you update and let us know how you're doing from time to time. As your sidebar buttons so well puts it, blog without obligations, at your own pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Ana :) My Reader Number One :)

      Paper Towns is my second John Green and I adore it. It has a different kind of sadness than Looking for Alaska. And it's one long, fun road trip! My bedside books include WIll Grayson, Will Grayson and An Abundance of Katherines. But it seems I only read one John Green book every two years (if I go by my Looking for Alaska to Paper Towns transition).

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoyed your Kindle. I love my Nook far more than I expected to when I first acquired it -- and I expected to like it! It's great to have a bunch of books with me at all times, so if I get tired of one there's always another one, indeed a bunch of other ones, queued up for me to read next.

    Yay to your liking I Capture the Castle! Isn't it lovely? I reread it at least once a year and always love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm slow to get around. I saw a quick peak of you on Twitter. Keep reading! I have yet to read Capture the Castle and did enjoy Paper Towns and... I like my iPad/kindle app ok but I really do want a regular ol' read-in-the-sun kindle...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails